Friday, June 24, 2011

almost home free

TGIF!

one "last day" with the dream team before i start a three week corporate rotation. fingers crossed it won't be too intense. semi-hoping for some down time and have heard positive things about rotation so far :) after that, it's back to the team for one final week then i'm DONE DIDDLY DONE and can kiss the industry goodbye forever and ever :) 

despite not hating my job, the mere thought of july 25th and the sheer freedom that follows sends shivers of glee down my spine.

have been asked many times whether my current job is all that bad and the answer, plain and simple, is no. i like it very much and adore the team i'm on. but at the same time, there's just this other avenue to pursue, independent of what i'm doing now. i think it's a calling, one i've given plenty of thought to. had to check check double check that i was 101% sure of myself, that this was absolutely what i wanted to do and nothing else would suffice, that i wouldn't regret starting career #2 just when my peers are being made junior partners. a second degree had always been on the cards, so it didn't come as a shock to my nearest and dearest when the opportunity presented itself, neither did it surprise me. was going through my 2009 journal last night and randomly chanced upon an entry plotting my way to medsch while still in law3. i remain vaguely envious of the lawyers who were born to be lawyers and eat breathe and sleep law. they figured it out early on, and are now milking their gift for what its worth. awesome!

so hurrah to being young, to having options, and to not settling for something that (sadly) doesn't fulfill me 100%. looking forward to one day being in a place where i wake every day to do best what i like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment