Monday, June 27, 2011

eskimo, my newfound love


My ears aren’t very long so I hadn’t heard of Eskimo till I saw @plongin’s tweet. However, one look at Paul and beautiful lady on his arm and you’d know he’s a man of impeccable taste. So when he raved about the assam black tea with pudding and coffee jelly, I knew I had to try. As luck would have it, a different P who happens to be interning and seated next to me, texted the next day to ask if I’d like some Eskimo. My usual polite self-restraint was cast to the wind and I semi-demanded two cups, one for me and one for cubby buddy.

One sip and I started grinning so wide that cubby commented she’d never seen me that happy, not even after the S$9.3million ruling.

It’s been awhile since I had a brand new drinking experience. I liked that the tea wasn’t too sweet and how well the contrast of textures in each sip worked. The mildly bitter coffee jelly and smooth as silk pudding has me thinking about it even now. And hipster as this choice of tea sounds, it was well and truly a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment