Thursday, January 6, 2011

the plan

just found out i start work on the 31st.

needless to say, this sent me into a tailspin of sorts and inspired a sudden bout of defensive traveling.

so between now and then:
7-10 jan dubai with a road trip to abu dhabi with my three favourite ladies (heyyy does that scream SATC or what!)
13-15 jan KL for some weekend respite and gallons of white coffee
21-25 jan phuket to chill on the beach with a pina colada and good book before the crazy that is the rest of my life engulfs me 

to soften the blow, i am a little ashamed to admit that it's off on a ryokan break 3 days after i start work i.e. over the chinese new year long weekend. to risk sounding defensive, i maintain that i'll be ready when i need to be, and not a moment sooner. and once i'm in, i've enough pride to do a good job of it.

churned out four holidays (and completely wiped out my fast dwindling stash o' cash*) in the 12h since i woke and found the "you start work on the 31st" email in my inbox. fear inspires a certain productivity in me, as you might've guessed. i see how this abject fear and desperation-driven industry will bode well for future career. adrenaline junkie i might not be, and caffeine tolerant i sure am but scare me silly and i grow wings.

literally.

bye!

*now i have time, i have no money. when i have money, i don't see myself having much time. unless i find an oil sheik in the middle east and convince him i'm marriage material. hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment