Wednesday, January 5, 2011

the taj followed by indigo mumbai


was a wee bit naughty and refused to leave the taj when we got to mumbai. parked myself at the bar and no amount of cajoling followed by outright bribery could entice me out of my refuge from the throbbing headache that is mumbai. if the crowds don't drive you mad, the incessant horning and utter disorder would. 

however, my ears did perk up at the mention of indigo and finally, at 10pm, hypoglycaemia got the better of me and faint with hunger, i allowed myself to be tempted over for dinner. the three block walk was a nightmare though! as we past leopold's cafe, i was convinced that it would be blown up. then again, if it were trigger-happy extremists i feared, the taj might not have been the most secure of places to remain in.

oh! before dinner at indigo, i did manage to put away foie gras and apricot sushi (awesome combo!) from the japanese restaurant. tell a lie re: hypoglycaemia...

indigo lived up to (my already raised) expectations and in a rare show of bravery / stupidity, i had indian oysters.

lived to tell the tale!

No comments:

Post a Comment