Sunday, April 24, 2011

persistance pays

foie gras X 6 having a party in my tumtum

green pea risotto

white asparagus with poached egg and truffle sauce

all washed down with early grey and mysterious blue leaves

had a hankering for lunch with a view and called the one restaurant with free flow foie gras but alas, they were fully booked. this, of course, only served to make me want to eat there more. so most embarrassingly, i called at 10 minute intervals asking if any space had opened up. no such luck. finally conceded defeat and dragged my feet to my "back up", a cute french creperie around the corner.

of course, the moment i sat down at the creperie and was mere seconds from placing an order for 3 massive crepes to drown my sorrow at foie gras deprivation, said restaurant rang and indeed, there had been a last minute cancellation.

in pidgin french (wanted to +brownie points for effort!) i feigned remorse to the proprietress and somehow promised i'd be back with an army of friends in tow the next time. and then a hop skip and jump across the street, whizzed up to the 68th floor where the spoils of persistence awaited.

most times, my sheer gluttony and inclination to excess is cause for deep shame. however, this time, i was pleased as punch to stuff my face to my heart's content :) didn't help that after lunch i naturally succumbed to food coma, only to wake for cardiac arrest on a plate a.k.a korean bbq dinner at sean's.

what's not to like about long weekends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment