Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nesting




The word usually conjures up images of rounded bellies ripe with baby but no such nesting in this case!

Not one for feathered flocks but when I saw these decals first in Shoo’s office and later in Azi’s photos, I figured it was time to get my hands on some home improvement.

And while I’m not one for feathered flock, I’m a big fan of living spaces and am looking forward to decorating my newfound home for the year, small as it may be.

On a side note, I loved my room in Stockholm. It was HUGE and even had a tiny “hall” area for my boots and wardrobe. So the fairy lights will make a reappearance, as will these decal babies waiting all rolled up in their cardboard tube.

I live by fairy light, having picked up the strings of golden goodness in Stockholm. Single-handedly installed them in my Stocks room – oh just you try zigzagging ‘invisible” fishing line half a metre below the ceiling, then twirling fairy lights around said line, trying to avoid the huge paper ball in the middle. Dismantled the set-up and brought the fairy lights home, and now they’re following me to my new home :) At times like these, I bemoan my sentimentality.

Having found out where I’ll be staying yesterday, I’m starting to think about the apartment and the layout of my room. Hope there’s enough wall space for my decorette finds!

(What? I only go in September? I can’t fix up my room till then? Nooo…)

No comments:

Post a Comment