Wednesday, June 15, 2011

in anticipation


of the miserable weather i'm voluntarily subjecting myself to, felt it prudent to begin assembling an arsenal of weather-appropriate wear.

funny story: at the interview, i somehow convinced the interviewers that i was the rough and tumble outdoorsy type when this can't be further from the truth. so buying galoshes and entertaining the thought of venturing out in the mud and rain feels somewhat conscience-assuaging now.

gave the plastic a workout, only to have the voice of reason rain on my parade by reminding me that i've already accumulated my weight in textbooks (donated by concerned friends) and have no luggage space to lug galoshes (OF ALL THINGS) with me. plus said galoshes would probably be cheaper at primark. also, since they're already so uggs, i couldn't possibly do any worse by shopping there. 

butbutbut little did he know that i've pre-empted all this and shipped the goods to my topsecret london address. it's so topsecret that the even the current resident will be surprised when my brown paper package lands on the doorstep :)

score!

No comments:

Post a Comment