Wednesday, June 15, 2011

whoa

1. my mobile / facebook inbook / email has been going crazy containing the outpouring of good wishes. THANK YOU FRIENDS. i really appreciate the encouragement :)

2. i'm going to medsch on my own. for avoidance of doubt, the +1 is staying put in the +65. my goodness. didn't realise that by sharing the good news about my completely derailed legal career, i was inadvertently derailing his too. without going into too much detail, we've spent more than half our time together apart and ironically quite enjoy the space that LDR affords. so there. please cease presumption that he's leaving the firm. he's not. he will remain a legal eagle, and my cash cow...

3. a fortnight ago, i finally told the team that i wouldn't be staying on. however, nothing has changed and i'm currently the busiest i've ever been, save during trial season. it's awesome that the seniors are as nurturing as ever, correcting my work, giving me plenty of learning opportunities and doing all they can to see to my self-improvement. there's really nothing in it for them, and all the more i appreciate the precious time they spend mentoring me knowing full well that i'm of no long-term benefit to the team. the fear of being handled with kid gloves and being put into the pasture once the team found out i wasn't going to join them went unfounded, just like shoo said it would. i really should've known better :) mad props to the dream team.

4. savouring what's left of my time as a trainee and desperately trying to learn as much as i can before bidding the system adieu. plus the work i'm doing now is relatively fulfilling. today, i structured a trust for someone in a permanent vegetative state, and drafted a doctor's letter to be included in a friend's divorce affidavit. both heart-wrenching in their own way, but constructive nevertheless.

it might not happen often but for now i'm relishing having my cake and eating it. fingers crossed this lasts awhile!
(photo from the wonderful universe that is tumblr)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats again on the happy news hon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ash! still pinching myself in shock and awe.

    ReplyDelete