Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursdays With Vidhya

Speaking of traditions, one tradition that I’m so glad to have begun is “Thursdays with Vidhya”. We’ve an ongoing lunch date every Thursday and meet at the big Chevron House screen at 1pm. Usually Vidz gets there before I do and seeing her resplendent in her office chic glory is a sight for sore eyes. Much as I enjoy visiting new places, with Vidz I become a creature of habit and we go to the same few places and eat the same few things. And because this was our penultimate Thursday together, I can safely say we go to either Cedele or Wang. We’ve ventured to Philip Street once or twice for the exercise, and another time she condescended to having Arcade fish soup with me. But it’s really not about where we go, because looking forward to Thursdays with Vidz has been a big part of my time as a pupil. Sure, we all look forward to Friday, but to go to bed on Wednesday night knowing that we’d be lunch in 12hours is always such a mood-lifter :) Double dose of anticipation ftw! Another cute thing about Thursdays with Vidz is that no matter how tired we are, we make a point to dress up for each other. Nothing like having a girlfriend check you out and validate the look…

And whilst we like to keep lunch “just us”, Dr. Pravin was a more than welcomed addition today.


No comments:

Post a Comment